Update on Tasmanian Freight and Logistics welcomed by industry
Posted on by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tasmanian Freight and Logistics webinar held last week and hosted by the Department of State Growth, Tasmanians Logistics Committee, and the Tasmanian Transport Association provided a timely update on what is happening in the world of freight movements, albeit to and from Tasmania and within.
Guest speakers for the Webinar included:
- Brett Charton - Chair of the Tasmanian Logistics Committee
- John DeBruyn – Chair of the Tasmanian Transport Association
- Richard Douma – TFES Claims Specialist, NetSea Freight
- Jim Ertler - Chief Operations Officer, Premium Fresh
Significant commentary on current and future freight trends were provided during this webinar with key messages for Tasmanian exporters and business owners including:
- Consider freight in your business model early, not just the product you are producing
- Forecast and plan in advance and work with you freight experts so as to anticipate challenges to access markets
- Ensure your customers and your suppliers are aware of your freight movements ongoing to include unforeseen delays including bio security, customs and regional challenges as a result of COVID
- Understand your entitlements under TFES and if you do not have time to learn, engage a professional claims agent to assist.
- Work with likeminded exporters to maximize container space and reduce costs where possible – use your industry associations to help achieve this.
To hear the webinar recording, click here