Tasmanian Tourism Wins Gold
Posted on by email@example.com
2017 Australian Tourism Awards annouced.
Congratulations to the three Tasmanian companies that won gold awards at the 2017 Australian Tourism Awards that were announced in Perth in February 2018. The Tasmanian Walking Company won gold for Ecotourism, Saffire Freycinet won a gold award for Luxury Accommodation, and The Maria Island Walk won gold for the Tour and Transport Operators award.
Many Tasmanian tourism operators featured strongly at the national awards. This year’s event was hosted at the newly built Perth Stadium and featured a video to launch the 2018 national awards that will be held in Launceston.
Tasmanian Gold Award winners
- Ecotourism – Tasmanian Walking Company
- Tour and Transport Operators – The Maria Island Walk
- Luxury Accomodation – Saffire-Freycinet
Silver Award winners
- Cultural Tourism – Port Arthur Historic Site
- Specialised Tourism Services – Riverfly 1864
- Adventure Tourism – Roaring 40s Kayaking
- Self-Contained Accomodation – Avalon Coastal Retreat
- New Tourism business – MACq 01 Hotel
Bronze Award winners
- Festivals and Events – The Unconformity
- Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services – Altitude Restaurant + Lounge Bar
- Unique Accomodation – Pumphouse Point
- Deluxe Accommodation – The Henry Jones Art Hotel