RDA Tasmania / TCCI Freight Forum - Release of summary document
Posted on by firstname.lastname@example.org
A summary report of the key points and findings from the RDA Tasmania / TCCI Freight Forums held in April 2016 has been released
Freight logistics, particularly for our Tasmanian exporters, play a vital role in our competitiveness and ultimate economic growth potential.
On the 27th April 2016, RDA Tasmania and the Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCI) co-hosted two freight forums. The forums addressed the current and long term opportunities and challenges for Tasmanian exporters and the freight and logistics industry.
The aim of the forums included:
- Update on the current “state of play” including freight movements, volumes, seasonality of freight and any constraints on supply of cargo space for Tasmanian Exporters
- The use of the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme (TFES) extension for goods not covered under the previous scheme (from 1 January 2016) by Tasmanian business
- Presentation of the Draft Integrated Freight Strategy by Infrastructure Tasmania
- How innovative thinking in logistics can enhance business efficiencies where commonalities in the marketplace exist for exporters that may be competitors but can also help each other.
These forums were supported by presentations from the following organisations:
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development – Australian Government
- Department of Infrastructure - Tasmanian Government
- University of Tasmania –Australian Maritime College
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
To download a copy of the report click here: RDA Tasmania / TCCI Freight Forum Report
To download a copy of the presentations click here:RDA Tasmania/ TCCI Presentations