Power$mart Business Program

Provides Tasmanian businesses with funding towards energy efficiency audits

Overview

The Power$mart Business Program provides Tasmanian businesses with funding to help them carry out energy audits on their operations and buildings to review energy use and find ways to reduce it.

Expert energy auditors will visit business premises and carry out a number of tasks, including:

  • analysis of electricity use and tariffs
  • identifying energy savings opportunities
  • calculating the financial payback for energy savings opportunities

Funding of up to $150,000 is available for a limited number of energy audits each financial year. Funding is available over two financial years, from 2018-19 to 2019-20.

The funding will cover 70% of the cost of the energy audit. Businesses will have to pay for the remaining 30% of the audit costs.

Eligibility criteria

To be eligible, you must:

  • operate as a sole trader, trust, partnership or private company
  • be registered for tax purposes in Australia, with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
  • have less than 50 full-time equivalent employees
  • have an annual electricity consumption of more than 30 megawatt hours per year (for offices and retail) or more than 100 megawatt hours per year (for other applicants)

Priority will be given to the following business types:

  • commercial office space or retail tenancies
  • independent supermarkets
  • commercial accommodation (for example hotels and motels but excluding residential-based accommodation such as Airbnb)

How to apply

Find out more about how to apply at Power$mart Business Program.