Federal budget supports investment in freight infrastructure in Tasmania
Posted on by firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for roads and port infrastructure in federal budget seen as investment in Tasmania's long term freight task
Among the annoucements made, the following initiatives are specific to freight and logistics in Tasmania
Bass Highway Safety and Freight Efficiency Upgrades Package
- Enhance freight efficiency and improve road safety for all road users on the Bass Highway between Launceston and Devonport.
- Tasmanian package expected to support 1,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- Delivered by the Tasmanian Government.
- Federal Government to provide $80 million of $100 million total funding.
Port of Burnie Shiploader Upgrade
- The resources sector is critical to our region's economic recovery. A reliable shiploading service ensures fast, efficient and reliable supply chains transporting materials between mine, port and our export destinations.
- Delivered by Tasmanian Government.
- Additional $24 million, takes the total Federal Government commitment to $64 million.