Farm Household Allowance
Posted on by firstname.lastname@example.org
A payment for farming families in financial hardship.
The Farm Household Allowance (FHA) program provides assistance to farming families experiencing financial hardship, no matter the cause of that hardship.
The program provides eligible farmers and their partners with a package of assistance that includes:
- up to four years of fortnightly income support (in every 10 year period)
- ancillary allowances such as Pharmaceutical Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Rent Assistance and Remote Area Allowance
- a professional financial assessment of the farm business (worth up to $1,500)
- funding to help develop skills, access training and pay for professional advice (up to $10,000 and can now include reasonable travel and accommodation to undertake training)
- regular support of a case manager.
To learn more about the eligibility criteria and how to apply, visit: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/farm-household-allowance/who-can-get-it