6X6 Survey Report
Posted on by Carmen
The latest 6X6 Survey, and the first in the series, was conducted in July 2021. 66 respondents, representing different places and industry sectors from across Tasmania answered the survey questions.
In a diverse region covering urban, regional, and remote locations it would be expected that different people experience things differently, but where there is consensus it indicates a structural issue affecting Tasmanians that could be addressed by a regional development approach.
Shared issues are:
- Housing availability,
- Human capital (availability of a skilled workforce), and
- Infrastructure for transport services (mostly public transport and congestion).
It should be noted that respondents responded positively to:
- Amenity and liveability (e.g., quality of open spaces, places for recreation and urban settings), and
- Education Services.
Responses were split for many priorities, indicating place-based differences for Tasmanians for:
- Health services,
- Leadership and collaboration (strength of strategic plans and willingness to collaborate),
- Digital connectivity (inequality between urban and regional areas)
- Business conditions, and
- Management of natural resources.